Fire Alarm Systems can be tricky and comprehensive systems. There are multiple national and state life safety and fire safety codes, as well as insurance agency guidelines that dictate what is needed and then there are the unwritten rules for business assets and safety. Your company will definitely need to adhere to the first two, but what about the others? Working with a certified and knowledgeable company such as Prestige Alarm is the first step in getting both your mandatory and desired fire alarm systems taken care of.
NFPA 72, NFPA 70, NFPA 101 and the IBC – you have no control over these, but rest assured they exist for a reason. Applying and enforcing these codes will differ drastically from area to area and depending on your specific AHJ. (Authority Having Jurisdiction)
Insurance guidelines – Your insurance may provide a discount if your business installs a fire and/or a security system.
Here are some things that Prestige Alarm will review with you regarding your life safety systems.
- Do you have a fire alarm system? Do you have a sprinkler system? Is your system monitored?
- If you have a fire alarm system and it is monitored are you having it inspected annually?
- How much dust/smoke/steam is created during normal operation?
- What access is available for the detectors? If access is difficult, how will this play a role in testing, maintaining and more?
- Are there specialized equipment and/or inventory that requires additional monitoring?
- Are any areas considered “high risk”? What would happen if a fire was to start here? Is higher level monitoring required in this area?
- What type of inventory do you carry? Where is it in most danger – delivery, storage, use, etc.?
Prestige Alarm is ready to help your business adhere to national life safety codes and insurance requirements.
Contact Prestige today for your free fire alarm system analysis and consultation. We will make sure to work with all the stakeholders in your organization to create the best life safety system that works for you, your employees, customers, and assets. Prestige Alarm proudly serves the areas of Gadsden, Hoover AL, Huntsville, Pelham, Tuscaloosa, and Vestavia Hills.