Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA) for Alabama, Birmingham, Hoover, Huntsville, Mountain Brook, Trussville, Vestavia Hills, AL, and Surrounding Areas
Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA)
Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDAs) boost crucial communication coverage for first responders when signals are lost due to dead spots. Dead spots exist in every building, underground parking garage, tunnel and more. They are created when signals cannot penetrate barriers such as concrete, metal and glass. Through enhanced signal reception across specially installed distributed antenna systems, first responders can overcome the dead spots that exist in 98.5% OF BUILDINGS!
BDAs are required by various organizations including NFPA and IFC and must meet code compliance as dictated by the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). These codes are very strict and every BDA system must be installed with proper planning in order to comply.
Bi-Directional Amplifier Installation and Certification
The installation process first starts with a radio signal site survey. This survey will lay out the initial plan to create the signal enhancement architecture. Each building is different and no two buildings will have the exact same plan. Plans will differ due to:
- Direction and distance from public safety radio antennas
- Unique dead spots
- Building materials
- Location of critical areas
- Number of buildings
- Power sources
- Local codes frequencies dictated by the AHJ
- And more
BDA Planning and Installation Process
- Radio signal site survey to locate dead spots and create BDA plan architecture
- Cable installation by a licensed electrician
- Signal-boosting antenna to receive communication from public safety radio antenna
- BDA installation with proper electrical connection, back-up power, air flow and more.
- Testing and certification with another radio signal survey to verify signal coverage.
- Closeout documentation and submission with AHJ
Honeywell Bi-Directional Amplifiers
Prestige Alarm, a local authorized dealer, installer, and certifier for Honeywell Bi-Directional Amplifiers in Alabama. While there are no federal BDA requirements, each municipality creates its own code using the guidelines outlined by the following organizations. Honeywell BDAs have been designed to exceed these requirements.
- National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet)
Bi-Directional Amplifier Required Locations
BDAs are mandatory for all new construction, remodeling and additions. Soon, mandated coverage will extend to all properties regardless of size, ownership or age. Besides local code adherence, proper communication coverage for first responders is essential for the safety and security for property occupants. While thought to only apply to tall buildings, other structures and properties benefit from BDAs. This is especially true for areas that may be blocked from public safety radio antennas.
- School campuses
- Distribution centers
- Military bases
- Prison grounds
- Apartment and condo developments
- Hospital zones
- Resort and hotel spaces
- Shopping complexes
- Sports arenas
- Underground railways and transportation
Bi-Directional Amplifiers in Alabama
Prestige Alarm is experienced and is your local professional for all safety compliance including bi-directional amplifiers, security and fire alarms. The planning, engineering and installation required for compliance and functionality are a natural part of Prestige Alarm’s portfolio of services.
Prestige Alarm will engineer, design and install the proper BDA to meet both your location and local codes. From the local public safety radio antenna to the internal architecture, your tailored BDA system will provide first responders with communication coverage they require to ensure community safety.
Trust us as your local expert to keep your building, occupants and first responders safe.